Thursday, September 1

New Cage


New Cage
Originally uploaded by squitchinglady.

Here is a picture of my furbabies new cage. They are growig very fast, and the original cage just did not give them enough room to run and play. I decided to get some wire and other supplies to add on their existing cage. What a pain in the butt! It took me 3 1/2 hours to build the addition on. My advice to anyone wanting to make a cage: wear pants a long sleeve shirt and some gloves. I was wearing a t-shirt shorts and no gloves. I have a ton of cuts and scratches from the metal. All in all though the cage came out very well. The rats love it. As soon as I put them back in their cage, they were running and climbing everywhere. It is so funny to watch them. A lot of the time, they don't use the ladders. They just climb right up the side of the cage. That is why I call them Monkey rats. I love my little furbabies!

Well on another note, knitting is going well around here. I finished the second in the pair of guantlets, but they looked very different. I made some changes on the second one that made it look a lot better than the first one. So now since I have enough yarn, I have started a third one. I am trying to get a matched pair. After the guantlets are finished, I will be working on the second sock for my dad. When that is done, I am going to start a pair of socks for me. Also on the needles right now are: a shrug, a and a shawl. I am really trying to limit the number of projects I have going at one time. Also, I think I am going to try and do some sewing today. I have decided to join the Pittsburgh secret pal thing, and I have decided on a gift I want to make for when it starts. This is my first secret pal thing, so I am excited.

Finally, I have a new do, but no picture yet. Yesterday I went to the salon for a haircut, and decided to make a dramatic change in my hair. I usually just color it at home myself because the salon is so expensive. This time I decided to splurge and have my hair colored by the experts. I love it. My hair color has changed to red and has blonde highlights in it. This is the first time I ever had my hair colored at the salon and the first time I ever had highlights. I really like it and so does my family. Why oh why does the salon have to be so expensive? I would love to get my hair done every month. Oh well what can ya do? I will try and remember to have my husband take a pic tonight so I can show off the new do tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone. I will enjoy our beautiful weather we are going to have while sending thoughts and prayers to those down south who need it so badly.

No comments: