First off, I want to say sorry to my secret pal. I know my blog is not so exciting, since I can not get this link thing. And secondly, I am very excited! This is my very first secret pal. I am really looking forward to sending my secret pal some gifts.
Since I am lacking in link, I am posting my question/answer responses here.
1. Are you a yarn snob(do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Really I buy what ever strikes my fancy. If it looks pretty or shiny or well you get the point I buy it. As I get more into knitting though I find I do like the "good" stuff.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope no desire what so ever to spin. Yes I have been crocheting for years.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfumes, etc.) Nope no allergies but I am really not fond of vanilla scent or smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? About a year.
5. Do you have an Amazon, Knitpicks, or other online wish list? Yes Knitpicks.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I really enjoy lush exotic florals.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Nope, I have several! LOL!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Crocheting, scrapbooking, and sewing. Some counted cross stitch.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I like any kind of music, except for rap. Yes I can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like deep rich colors. Purple is my favorite. I don't really like pastels.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with a 12 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. I have two pets rats!
12. What are your life dreams? To grow old with my husband and watch my children grow up and have families of their own.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I don't really have a favorite.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Honestly I have not met a fiber yet that I could not find something to like about it.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Making anything on Dpns. Socks, gauntlets, scarves, whatever.
16. What is /are your favorite item/s to knit? Small items that work up quickly.
17. What are you knitting right now? A shawl, a shrug, and an octopuss.
18. What do you think about ponchos? I have a large bust, so they do not look good on me at all.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular, because they "needles" are shorter. I prefer using the shortest needles possible when knitting.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Have and can use all, but prefer the bamboo.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes yes yes!
22. How did you learn to knit? Learned a bit from a book many many years ago, then took a class to get the basics, and have been book learning myself since.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I would guess about 6-8 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favoritee animal/bird? Love Batman, and Hello Kitty.
25. What is your favorite Holiday? Christmas followed very very closely by Halloween.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Smiley faces, and stuffed mice/rats.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None right now. :(
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hand on? Anything with various sock patterns. Not intarsia or anything just different patterns.
Phew finally finished. Now I have to go and check on my secret pal! Have a great day!