Wednesday, November 2

I'm so sick

Yes that is right. I am sick. I love being sick. NOT! Well first off, I have had a few comments about a picture of my daughters Medusa costume. The pics did not turn out well. I will get her back in costume, and take a picture. She is home sick today as well. She is being pleasant right now, but I know the witch is in there.

I finished my second pair of socks yesterday. I tried to get them done for Socktoberfest, but alas it was not meant to be. Now on the needles, is a little tiny baby sock. It is so cute so far. I will try and get some pics to post later.

I mentioned in an earlier post that my niece was visiting us the past couple of days. She was to go home last night. I was supposed to meet my sis in law half way to return her. Well as the day wore on yesterday, I got to feeling sicker and sicker. I called my sis in law and she said she would just come all the way down to pick my niece up. Yeah I was happy, no driving. Well things seem to have a way of working against me and my sis in law. She showed up with my brother in law and my other niece and nephew. We had a nice 15 minute visit because they live about 65 miles away and had to get home. About 20-30 minutes after they left, we got a call from them. Their car broke down about 10 miles from here. They had to get home so my brother in law could get to work and the kids to school. As you know, my husband works, but I don't so I volunteered to get them home. (Nobody wanted to spend insane money on a taxi because my inlaws are on a very tight budget). So yes, I took a 130 mile round trip last night. It took about 3 hours or so. I left at 9:00 pm and got home at about 12:20 am. They felt really bad to have me take them home, but like I told them, "how else were you gonna get there?". I really did not mind since today I had nothing really important to do. I have some laundry to take care of and take down Halloween decorations. The worst part of all of this is I will not be going to knitting tonight. I just don't think I could drive that far. I was really looking forward to going, but oh well. Damn I miss having someone else to knit with. If anyone out there is really bored, you can stop in and we could knit together. I promise not to breathe on you. LOL!

No comments: