Wow it's been so long since I blogged. Sigh So many things to do I guess blogging has just been on the back burner. Besides I just did not have a lot to blog about. Still working for a job I love. It has been rough the past couple months, trying to get my team where they need to be, but all in all I love it. I hope to stay at this job for a long long time. I thought it would be fun to show a view from my work chair.
That is my work on the computer. As you can see my desk looks quite messy, but really it's not. I just like to have all the things I need within reach. Also I may have mentioned in earlier posts that working from home is new for the company I work for. Right now they are looking to add more and more at home agents. Some people like to work from home, and some don't. Here are my reasons for loving working at home.
1. No one sees what I look like. I wear pj's or sweats every day for work. LOL sometimes I don't even brush my hair until half way through my shift.
2. No travel. I save both time and money. Gotta start work at 7AM? No problem, roll out of bed at 6:45 and I'm ready to go.
3. I get to be here with my kids. They are teenagers, and so it is nice to keep an eye on them. Plus I get to eat dinner with my kids every night even if I am working, I just take a break when dinner is ready.
4. I have fibromyalgia, and it is so much more comfy and less stressful on my body working from home. I have a shiatsu massager on my chair. I can get a massage all day at work. Plus I can heat my hot pack up as often as necessary.
5. I hate packing a lunch. Now if it's break or lunchtime, I just go to the kitchen and find something good to eat.
6. I can do other activities while working. While taking calls I have knitted, wrote out my bills, watched TV, listed to the radio, beaded, read magazines, and done other crafts.
So you may have gathered, I love my job!
Yes I did mention I knit while working sometimes. I am a team lead, and have lots of other responsibilities, but I do spend time answering phones and can knit between the calls. So what have I been knitting you may ask? Well I took pictures to show you! (all 1-2 of you that may read this LOL)
First up socks for a co-worker in MI. She already has a pair of socks knit by me and requested another. Man I need to get these in the mail!
Next a pair of socks for me. This is patons kroy socks. Very nice to knit with. I made these because of the fall colors. These need to go in the wash. You can tell I have worn them. I just decided to put them on the blockers for the pic.
Next a hat for a co-worker. I also made a scarf, but it has already been given to her. This is a Jo Ann Fabrics yarn. I forget the name. Wool cotton and nylon. Very soft and plushy. Modeled by my very angsty teen daughter.
Next a hat for my son. He designed the eye on the hat and I duplicate stitched it for him. He likes it and wears it every day.
Lastly, my current knitting. A pair of socks for my husband, and a pair of fingerless gloves for me.
Today is a very special day for me, and here is why:
It's my birthday! My daughter made my cake from scratch. It is banana cake with cream cheese frosting. We had peanut butter panic ice cream with it. In the picture I am wearing my gift from the kids. They got me new pj's and a pair of slippers. Want to see what my husband got me besides making pepperoni balls and taco pizza from scratch for me?
A super sock yarn sampler from one of my fave Ebay sellers. Woo Hoo I can't wait to start some new socks with all this yarn.
So that is all. Just been working knitting and doing life. Here is a last photo of how I am going to spend the rest of my birthday.
Sit around in my new pj's and knit!!!!!!!