Tuesday, November 15

Actual knitting content and crochet too!

Yeah a knitting blog with actual knitting content. Imagine that. Seriously though I have been working trying to get some Christmas knitting/crafting done. So far, I have finished a pair of fuzzy feet for my sister in law and that is all. Here is a picture of the little red shawl I am making for my other sister in law. It is almost done.

red shawl

In crochet news, I have finished a second block in the Monet Afgan I am working on. I did not like how the darker green on the first block looked. I thought it made it seem to dark. On the second, I used a lighter green. Take a look, tell me what you think.

monet crochet

In other crafting news (lol to much going on do ya think?), I spent most of yesterday cutting, cutting, and cutting. I am cutting out a bunch of sewing projects. I think I have about 7-8 of them. I want to get them all cut out, so I can sew sew sew! I only have one left to cut out today. It is going to be my daughter's name in giant stuffed letters. I am using some halloween fabric I got for 90% off the other day at Jo Anns. It is a giraff print. My daughter likes turtles and giraffs. Well before I can start the crafting, I have to clean out the rat cage and vaccuum the house. The rats have a disaster going on in their cage. I have to make some new blankets for them as well. Okay off to clean now :P!

5 comments:

Cheryl:) said...

you have been busy as a bee!!!
I like the lighter colored edging on the Monet.
what shawl pattern did you use for the red shawl??

~drew emborsky~ said...

Monet looks great! I can't wait to see it finished!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your stuff is looking great, and what a pretty shade of red!

See you Friday and thank you again!!!

Crafty Andy said...

The lighter color gives it a softness that it's easyon the eyes. The darker color really frames it , it says look at me. Nice Blog came to it thorugh Cheryl's

jillz said...

If you're trying to match your furniture & decor, use the light green. The dark green is pretty too but the light green goes better I think