Tuesday, November 29

It's Begining to Look A Lot Like Christmas...maybe...

Maybe if the children were back in school. They have been off since last Thursday. They go back tomorrow. It is not soon enough. Yesterday, they were so well behaved and nice to each other, I thought they were clones. Today, not so much. They have managed to break the handle on my knitting bag, almost kill one another, and destroy the house. We have pet rats here. They have a cage with bedding in it. Occasionaly they like to push bedding out of the cage on to the carpet. Messy, but understandable, because they are rats. Now today my children were running wild through the room dragging blankets. This means the bedding was scattered all over the house. Somehow someone fell/was pushed off the furniture on to my knitting bag with bamboo handles, and full of bamboo needles. Fortunately for the children only the handle was broken. Plus they have been at each others throats all day. I am really considering letting them fight it to the death. OMG! Where was I during this ruckus you may ask? Well seeing as I have not been feeling well, I was laying down trying to rest. Because in my pain induced state, I thought an 11 and 12 year old could remain calm for a couple of hours. Silly me. Well now they are working off my frustration for me. Vaccuuming, doing laundry, making me breakfast. I love my children, but some days..........

As far as knitting goes, I have finished my secret gift for Betsy. It turned out very nice. Can't wait to give it to her. Now I have two Christmas gifts to finish knitting. My hsubands scarf and a felted novelty yarn purse for my mom. In happy news, my mother sent me a check for my birthday, so after this post, I am placing an order from knit picks! Yeah! Well I will leave you with a picture of our Christmas tree. At least the kids did not knock it over.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

The tree looks great. I finally got mine put up yesterday. I can only decorate the top half because of Cleocatra eating wires and Chandler batting around everything else!

Cheryl:) said...

Your tree looks great!! Brian went back to school today and we both slept in until 8 am (the bus was 8:30) so the morning was a rush.
Hey we both had Crochet Dude comments!
(picture little end zone type dance)

BTW donna do you have a wish list???