That is what I am doing today. Or rather what most people might call nothing. I have been knitting, eating seriously bad for me food, watching 80's music videos on TV, talking on the phone, and reading tabloid magazines! Aahh yes this is the life. But alas now I must "work" as I have been tagged by stephieface. Here goes:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 Random Facts/ Habits:
1. I agree with stephieface. 80's music is my favorite.
2. I like to wash, dry, and fold laundry.
3. I like to see just how much money I can save by bargain shopping. (see bottom of this post)
4. I will not pay full price for food, clothing, or hygiene items. I have to have a coupon, or they must be on sale. Though I see nothing wrong with paying full price for yarn. Priorities people.
5. I have fybromyaligia and chronic back pain. I am soooooooooo sick of being sick.
6. Before knitting I had no friends. I visited family, buy no friends. Never talked online with anyone or called anyone. I just stayed in my house and was miserable.
7. I am a TV addict. I have it on all the time during the day when no one is home. I am either watching it, or listening to it while I clean and etc.
8. (I stole this one from stephieface) The song my husband and I chose as "our song" is In Your Eyes by Peter Gabrielle. Yes we listened to the lyrics.
OK now I am going to tag: Heather, Cheryl, Yvonne, Natasha, Lucy, Jenn, SJ, and You! If you've already been tagged oops sorry.
Ok so now on to the bargain savings part of my post. Yesterday I went to pick up my son's script at Wal-Mart. While I was waiting I did a bit of shopping. I needed to find some shorts for my daughter for playing outside this summer. Have you seen what is in the girls department? !!!!!! They have lots of what we refer to as "hoohoohuggers". I swear why can they not make clothes for girls who are not allowed to dress like Hoochies? Recently we went bra shopping and could not find but 1-2 bras in the GIRLS dep. that did not have padding! It makes me crazy because my husband and I are apparently the only strict parents around. We refuse to let her dress like a pop tart. I have had people tell me "well that is what all the girls are wearing". Uuumm ok but not my girl. Holy Crap I already keep saying I'm gonna buy her a chastity belt. Kids are growing up way to fast today. But OK back to the point. I decided to look in the boys dep. to see what they had to offer. I ended up buying boys shorts for my daughter and my son. They are cotton and come to the knee. Perfect for running around outside. While in the boys dep. I saw they had a lot of clothes on clearance. Well check it out this is what I came home with:
For my daughter 3 long sleeve casual shirts (girl dep.), 4 t-shirts, 4 play shorts, and a skirt.
For my son 3 long sleeve t-shirts, 6 short sleeve t-shirts, and 2 pair of shorts.
The total: $71.04!!! That is average $3.09 per item! I ran in to my neighbor at the store and we were talking about kid clothes. She was telling me you can get good name brand clothes on Ebay. She was saying I should check it out and she did not know what names my daughter was into. Names!!! Hahahahaaha! I will not pay stupid prices nor go out of my way and expend extra effort just to buy my kids "names". 1 I don't buy them for me, 2 they outgrow every thing so fast, they don't understand "take care of your clothes", and 4 I have more fun stuff to spend money on like Vacations. When my kids whine and cry because they don't have fancy pants name brand clothes I will tell them "fine then you stay home and not go on our 3-4 mini-vacations we have planned". Whew OK I am rambling.
To finish my long drawn out (maybe boring) post I leave you with a pic of some very bad yarn.
This is socks that rock medium weight in cracked canyon colorway. Why is it bad? Because it keeps tempting me to cast on and start a new project. So far I have resisted and have worked on my lace shawl, but I think I am getting weak! OK next post I will talk about "is 1% really worth an extra $4?". Bye!!