Friday, January 13

Crap Crap and Crap!

I am seriously having a fit here. I was all ready for tomorrows knit together where we are going to start our sweater knit along. I had the pattern and yarn for a couple of months. I got the needles last week. My only mistake was waiting til yesterday to swatch for it. I CAN NOT GET IT!. It is a lace pattern. You make a little bag on Dpns for gauge. I can not do the lace pattern without screwing it up. I have tried five times. I have tried different needles, going really slow, and everything else I can think of. I give up. I am currently swatching for another sweater. Now I am having trouble getting gauge. Yes I do want to throw the knitting across the room. If you read yesterdays post, you will read that I had trouble with a lace scarf I was trying to knit. Frogged it. Hid it in the yarn basket. I don't get it. I picked up knitting pretty easy. I can knit many things. I can make socks, blankets, and knitted toys. What is up with lace? I told my husband I give up for now. I will try again in a week, month, year, who knows? I think I will just knit the two pair of socks I have on the needles. One pair in black for my hubby, and one in black and gold for me. Well in all this knitting madness, I did manage to sew a pair of curtains for the dining room. At least they turned out well. Aaaarrrgggghhhh! Well now I am going to try and get gauge for tomorrow. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

jillz said...

Hey Donna, don't beat yourself up.

I tried to knit lace for a while before it actually clicked and made sense. Knitting a simple lace pattern is a good way to start.

Yvonne said...

Hey Donna!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO YOUR HOUSE! Neither can the kids...they are counting down to when we leave. The lace will work itself out. I have frogged Branching Out a few times...it's okay. it'll all work out in the end.
:-)

heather said...

Donna, I ditto Jill, don't beat yourself up! I think it is required that you frog your first few lace attempts!

Cheryl said...

I think frogging lace is a right of passage..... you gotta do it..... try writing the pattern out and see if you get it that way, instead of the chart.....

Kenny said...

The only lace I've tried is feather and fan.... yep whimpy lace knitter here. Anyways, good luck in your lace, and I hear you guys are all getting together this weekend! Have fun, tell cheryl and jill I said hi.