Tuesday, March 28

Thanks Pamper Pal!

I received my pampered pal gift yesterday in the mail. It was awesome. I found out my pal was Sarah. She sent lots of wonderful stuff as you can see in the picture below. There was more candy, but well.....it is kind of gone already. I have to admit when I saw the truffles, I told my husband "well it looks like I will be sharing these with you". See usually I don't much like truffles. I know that is just crazy, but oh well. Then I gave one of the truffles a try and OMG I love them. I told my husband I don't think I will be sharing after all. Heehee. I did share some of the hard candy with my kids, cause when they are happy, I am happy and is'nt that part of pampering? Being happy. I love the ahhh spa lotion. Smells so summery and tropical. It will be great for today since it is kinda blah looking outside.

Donna craft personal photos 568

In knitting news, it has been all socks all the time for the past few days. I spent yesterday knitting my daughters socks. I am almost done with the second one. She wanted knee socks, and so they are taking a bit. Lucky for me they are just plain stockinette so they are going pretty quick. Speaking of socks, I saw a pair on Alison's blog (take a look) that are to me just awesome. The pattern is from Handknit Holidays. I am going to make them for me. I got the pattern, and ordered yarn and a new addi needle. I am going to make up a gauge swatch, measure me fat legs, and modify the pattern to fit including the lace detail up the back of the leg. Since these will kind of be an experiment at first to see if I can get them to fit, I ordered pallette from knit picks. Speaking of knit picks (lol don't you love the segues)(don't mind my spelling I know it sucks), I actually ordered the pallette yarn, some sock garden, some sock memories, an addi needle, and a new sock book which title escapes my brain at the moment. News flash: KNIT PICKS HAS SOCK YARN ON SALE!!!!! I was just going to order the pallette and the addi, but come on when the sock yarn is on sale, I just have to buy some. I ended up with a $40 order so I could get free shipping. So it looks like it will continue to be socks all the time for the next while especially since lace knitting is kicking my butt majorly. Uuuggghh I don't even want to talk about lace. Haha.

Finally as you may or may not know, my husband loves Legos (meaning he has as many if not more legos than I have yarn stash). He is always coming up with new and interesting ideas. This is kinda cool but also kind of OMG cause you neve know what he will come up with. Just look at this picture of who came to visit last week:

Donna craft personal photos 565

Yes that is the Village People. What will he think of next?

AACCKK BLOGGER WON'T LET ME LINK RIGHT NOW. I WILL TRY AND LINK TO THE SOCK PIC LATER. IF YOU CLICK ON SOCKAPALOOOZA ON MY SIDEBAR IT WILL TAKE YOU TO ALISONS BLOG. IF YOU SCROLL DOWN YOU WILL SEE THE SOCKS.

3 comments:

Cheryl:) said...

Y-M-C-A
Y-M-C-A
I love the village people...you can tell when I grew up!!! tey are too too cute.
(Truffles are nummy aren't they???!! )

Holly said...

I love lego guys. I used to get tired of picking them up all over the house... but... I do sort of miss the little buggers.

Yvonne said...

Oh great, now I've got Macho Man going through my head. Heehee.

Glad you got a great package! Lindor truffles are THE BEST. YUMMMM.