Tuesday, August 29

So Totally Random

Random rantings ravings and etc coming at ya today! First off it is quiet around here. Everyone is gone. The children are at school and my husband is at work. It is nice, but after a couple of days it will be too quiet.

So what has been going on? Well Friday I did take the kids shopping with me. I found the two patterns I wanted from Jo Anns (yay) and a bunch of yarn for Christmas gifts one of which is half way done!! It is secret though so no pics. Saturday I took the kids and we went to Betsy's house for knitting. We had a great time. Thanks for the yummy food Betsy. It was me Betsy, Cheryl, Heather, Leslie, and Sandy together knitting. Nothing like gettting together with friends to knit. I worked on my over the knee stocking mostly. I finished it on Sunday, but silly me forgot to have someone take a picture of it on me. Really the front of the stocking is plain stockinette which makes a boring picture. The detail is the lace "seam" up the back. Ever try to take a picture of the back of your leg by yourself? Does not work! Other than that I have been working on the second anklet out of Mountain Colors Bearfoot. Plus the secret Christmas gift. And reading reading reading. I really need to learn to read and knit at the same time.

On Sunday we attended a PA National Guard picnic for the returning soldiers, soldiers serving here at home and the families. Very nice picnic. Lots of great food. They were even going to have a band. We did not stay long though because it was raining and the humidity was insane. My husband also was having problems with his ankle hurting a lot. Here are a couple of pics from the day:

This and That 228

This is a picture of all the service men and women in attendance that day. As you can see some were in uniform and some were not. Here is a picture of me and my favorite soldier:

This and That 231

My Husband!!!! I look like poo in the pic cause the humidity was crazy and I was sooooo hot. My husband was in uniform which made him hot and also meant he was wearing his boots which aggrivate his ankle. He has been going to Dr appointments for two months and getting all these test to find out what is wrong. Well we finally know, but now he has another Dr appointment soon to see what they are going to do about it. I hope they can help him out soon, because he has been having so much pain with it.

Ok one more random rant. The other day I took my daughter shopping for bras. She is 12. We needed to find a flesh colored bra so her straps would be less obvious under a tank. Do you know how hard it is to find an actual bra (not sport style) that does not have padding in it? OMG we were in the GIRLS section and they have a huge amount of bras with padding in them. What the heck? She is 12! She does not need enhancement! She just needs a simple bra. AAcckk just another joy of raising a teenaged daughter I guess.

2 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

I'm so jealous of the quiet morning you described. I get those SO rarely! :o)

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

natasha said...

i wanted a bra so badly since i was a little kid. like 3. so, i guess i got what i wished for, and now...i wish i didn't have em so much. sigh. your daughter is so pretty!