Thursday, August 17

Your mission.......

is to finish knitted projects as fast as you can to see if you can get the list of projects on the needles down to one. Do you accept? I DO and I DID!!!!! Tada:

This and That 207

Another pair of finished socks! These are for my sister in law. Yes I know the picture is blury, but lets pretend its not. The details: Yarn is Lornas Laces in Iris (I think) colorway. Size 1 needle magic loop method. Pattern is free from the internet and is called Sheri's Lace. Love these socks. While knitting them, I was wishing they were for me. They are very nice. Love the Lornas! This means of course I have only one project on the needles right now:

This and That 208

This is my lace project of the moment convertible. If you read my blog you may understand I have issues with lace. I have ripped tinked and thrown lace projects across the room. So far convertible is going well. I have stitch markers separating every repeat. I am very happy with this so far. The yarn is Morehouse Merino. Very nice yarn. I have to finish this as I want to start the Adamas shawl. Click this link to see a very beautiful Adamas completed by SJ!

Ok one project on the needles can I handle that? I doubt it. I will most likely cast on for socks I want to make for me. Because 1. I can not handle just one project at a time, 2. I love to knit socks, and 3. must train for Sock Wars! Hehe have a great day everyone.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Socks don't count. Haven't you read Stephanie's book? They never count.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, socks don't count? Goodness, those socks are bee-yoo-tee-ful! I am so envious of your patience with using teetiny needles and little yarn. (I assume the technical term is not "little" heh) and your lace is as always gorgeous. Glad to see it hasn't sent you screaming this time LOL.

Sarah said...

Convertible looks like it's going well!

When you get to starting Adamas, I will warn you that using stitch markers to separate every pattern repeat might confuse you, because when you get to about line 10 of every pattern repeat you'll need to shuffle them. Miriam suggested to me to just keep markers around the center stitch, which means that you'll just have to count each pattern repeat (which is doable -- there are only 10 or 12 stitches per repeat). You may have to get used to it without any distractions, but I found it a lot less confusing without the markers.

Thanks for the compliment and linking over to me!

Holly said...

Convertible looks awesome. I think it is inspiring me. Exactly what I need... another project!

Lucy said...

Hey...I'll accept that mission...I'm trying to finish up some projects too. Dunt, dunt,..dunt, dunt, dunt, dunt... (beginning of Mission Impossible theme!) This comment will disenegrate in 10 seconds...9, 8, ....(proof!)

barbara said...

The colors in the socks are lovely, I'm sure your sister will be very happy with them. I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many unfinished projects I have! I have just started my first lace project, the Icarus shawl, and so far it does not look good. Lace knitting is downright scarey. I'm off to the LYS for more stitch makers and another US 5 24" cirular needle. The one I am using has a join that the stitches keep getting hung up on in a very unpleasant way.