Sunday, February 18

Not missing any more.

I found out yesterday I was missing something very important to knitting. A knitting mascot!

02-17-07 051

I found "Chops" yesterday while visiting family and friends. Chops was purchased in a shop owed by my husband's friend Pete called Benjamin Beetle Clothiers in Butler PA. If you are ever up there, stop in and check it out. Very cool store. Anyway Chops is a Grateful Dead Bear. I have some smaller ones my husband gave me as gifts a few years ago. I just thought Chops was so cute and he is purple, my favorite color. OK finished objects to show!:

02-17-07 047

My dad's birthday socks are done! There was "only" 14 ends to weave in on each sock! Aacckk, now I know why I like to knit socks with only one color. The socks are being modeled by my husband along with the other gifts for my dad. See a theme?! My dad has everything. He does collect some John Deer things so I made John Deer socks. I forget what the yarn is (oops). They were done on size 3 knit picks circs magic loop two at a time. The pattern is the chain rib from Sensational Knitting Socks. I think my dad will like them.

02-17-07 050

A really simple winter hat for me to match my coat. It is knit with Lion brand Woolease. Size 6 Knit Picks options needles magic loop method. Finally a picture of my "cheap" flowers. I bought these at Wal-Mart for 50% off the day after Valentines Day. I love a good bargain!

02-17-07 054

3 comments:

Emma said...

Those are awesome birthday socks!

Sarah said...

The socks look great, I'm sure your dad will love them.

I like your yarn arrangement next to your flower arrangement!

Holly said...

I love the John Deere socks. And I love the idea of a knitting mascot. I might have to find myself one of those!