Tuesday, March 27

Short Attention Span Still Here

Still moving between projects and life quicker than should be allowed. Sigh! I know this is why I feel like I never have anything done. I am doing to much at once! I did update the side bar. I finished another book. Problem with my reading is the same as everything else. I tend to read 3-4 books at a time. I have them all over the house and pick them up and read a bit here and there. I have no problem keeping the stories straight between the books. I also finished my STR Rockin Sock Club Socks for February. Of course I did not think to take a pic before throwing them in the laundry. So a pic of them will be available after Wednesday also known as laundry day.

I do have some pics today though. My husbands socks, a little baby sockie, some kool-aid dyed yarn, and some jitterbug that will be socks for me.

Donna craft personal photos 083
Donna craft personal photos 082
Donna craft personal photos 079
Donna craft personal photos 080

The husband socks are from Sensational Knitted Socks. I forget what pattern. Austerman Step yarn. This is very nice to work with.

The baby sockie is just a quick knit for distraction to feel like I am getting something done. The yarn is Cascade Yarns Kaleidoscope DK. Acrylic and nice to work with. The booties don't have a home. I think they will go in the "hope someday way in the future I get a granddaughter stash".

I seriously have no brains sometimes. The kool-aid yarn turned out awesome, but you can't see that because I did not take a before pic. Aarrgghh! The yarn is some Opal I bought online. When I got it, I was like eeewwww this is ugly. It was an off white with black, bright blue, and rust. Iicckky. I tried a new method for dyeing. I sort of followed some online instructions and sort of made it up as I went. I got out my crock pot. I added 1 cup of vinegar, 10 cups of water, and 10 pack of black cherry kool-aid. I stirred the ingredients well and then added the yarn. I did not pre soak the yarn. I just added it and turned the pot on low for half an hour. When I came back, the yarn had ate all the color from the water and I just rinsed it in cool water and hung to dry. This method I highly recommend for single color dyeing. Very easy and no mess.

The last pic is Collinette Jitterbug. I am making socks for me. I am going to make shimmer socks. Pretty pretty. The colors in the pics are a little bright. In real life they are a touch darker.

Exciting news: I received notice that my copy of More Sensational Knitted Socks is in. Woo Hoo! Now if I could get this headache gone, I could go get it. Plus I need to fabric shop because I am going to make some new summer clothes for me. I am sick of what I am seeing in the store not fitting, being really ugly, or costing way too much.

Ok kind of rambly. I am going to knit and try to get rid of this *&^_)(# ^%$&( #%*(% headache I have. Have a good day all.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like your Kool Aid dyeing was a success! I can't wait to see how that yarn knits up.

I have a skein of Jitterbug that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'm planning on making another pair of Monkey socks with it (my first pair were handwash merino and are fuzzing up a lot), but I haven't yet wound it. I'm excited to try it.

natasha said...

hey chica...totally off subject here...i want to learn how to sew...since you made me a bag, i assume you know how...would you want to give me a lesson in exchange for yarn? eh? wouldja? pulease? let me know!
xo

btw, you are a sock maniac!