I was tagged by Yvonne for this really awesome meme. So here goes:
1. What’s your favorite sock yarn? (please note that the word “yarn” is singular. Just pick one. I know it’s hard.) Hmmm I have knit many socks with many yarns this is a hard one. Right now I will say Socks that Rock. For one thing I love their colors, and another one of their yarns (Lunasea) was named by me! :)
2. What’s your favorite type and brand of sock needle? I love my knit picks circs. I don't know what I would do without them.
3. Do you knit your socks toe up, cuff down or sideways? I knit them both toe up and cuff down. I prefer cuff down though.
4. Do you knit both socks at once or just one at a time? Two at a time!!!!! No second sock syndrome!!!!!
5. What's your favorite toe and why? I like a basic decreasing toe that gets kitchenered. I am weird, but I like to Kitchener.
6. Favorite heel? I would say the flap. That is the heel I use most often.
7. Do you prefer plain or patterned socks? Depends on the yarn. I like both equally well.
8. Who do you knit the most socks for? Me me me me!!!!
9. Do you darn your socks? If not, what do you do with them? I only had one pair with a boo boo and I darned them because they were a gift to me from another knitter.
10. Do you only wear hand knit socks? Yes I do! I am spoiled. I love love love hand knit socks. The colors, the patterns, just everything about them.
Bonus Question: What pattern, if any, is your basic “I-just-need-a-pair-of-socks” sock pattern based on? Do you keep it written down or memorized? My basic pattern is one I created. It is just plain stockinette done on size 0 or 1 with 64 stitches. It is memorized. This pattern is mostly for oooooh I like that yarn I want a pair of socks now!
Okay time to tag people: Jenn, SJ, and Leslie. Leslie you can leave yours in my comments.
Hehe I loved this meme. My friends will testify that I love knitting socks. They have given me the undeserved title "sock queen". In fact here is a pic of socks in progress:
And here is a pic of my other work in progress. I finally started Lady E. This pic does not do justice to the color. I can not wait to finish this.
That is my stand that sits next to me when I knit and yes it is always that messy! Have a good Saturday!